We meet at Liverpool Library (310 Tulip St., Liverpool) on the second Sunday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Most of our meetings will be in the large room except for the April meeting, which will be in the Sargent Room.
Some topics are "tentative" because we don't yet have a presenter. If you know of (or are) knowledgeable about these topics, please email John Allen.
2012 - 2013 PROGRAM YEAR
Each meeting includes a time to ask questions unrelated to the topic of the meeting.
- Sun., Sept. 9, 2:00 pm - Growing your own mushrooms, with Owen Tallman
Owen will show us how to grow beautiful, delicious mushrooms indoors or out. He has kits that provide a specific, reliable way to grow mushrooms. More info at The Imaginary Farmer.
- Sun., Oct. 14, 2:00 pm: The successes and failures of this year's gardens - John Allen
Our annual meeting when we share our experiences about the season coming to an end. What were the problems - and do we have solutions? What did well? What did we do that was new? What did we learn? Always been an interesting and informative meeting!
- Sun., Nov. 11, 2:00 pm: Pest problems and control - John Allen
A presentation relating to some of the problems that were mentioned at the October meeting and suggestions as to what the cause might be and how the problem might be solved. Will include how to successfully keep groundhogs out of the small garden.
- Sun., Dec. 9, 2:00 pm: No meeting - Happy Holidays!
- Sun., Jan. 13, 2:00 pm: Starting a new garden - Les Ulm
How to start a vegetable garden, including lasagna gardening, square foot gardening, raised beds, use of compost.
- Sun., Feb. 10, 2:00 pm: Starting seeds and transplanting seedlings.
What plants are usually started from seed outdoors and which are started early indoors. How to do it. When to plant what.
- Sun., Mar. 10, 2:00 pm: What garden tools are needed and how they are maintained. Terry Ettinger
Terry has been the host of many gardening programs and is an interesting and informative speaker.
- Sun., Apr. 14, 2:00 pm in the SARGENT ROOM. Crop rotation and succession planting - Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners
- Sun., May 12, 2:00 pm: Storage and Preservation led by Hope Kuniholm and John Allen.
Freezing, drying, canning and otherwise squirreling away the extra produce that your garden provides.
- Thursdays June 13, July 11, and August 8 at 6:30 pm at Liverpool Library:
Short presentations on what should be happening in the garden at that time and discussion about particular problems people are having.
Get a meeting reminder by email
If you want to be on our email list to be notified of upcoming meetings and events (generally about one email a month, sometimes two), send your name and email address to email@example.com.
Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org.